Ever Wonder How YouTubers Make Millions of Dollars?
We break it all down in our new podcast. After you click the button below hit the
“Listen On Apple Podcasts” link and subscribe to discover the truth.
In the past 12 months, a YouTuber calling himself Corpse Husband has made around $120,000. That’s a tidy six-figure income for a spooky voice who never even shows his face!
This guy is really mysterious. He doesn’t show his face, doesn’t use his real name, and has an uber-deep voice. And yet, he currently has almost 8 million subscribers with just over 100 videos up!
So, what’s up with this guy and why are people so fanatically into him? Corpse Husband does a few things. He tells scary real-life stories, makes gaming videos, and makes music.
He started out with scary stories that his audience would find super relatable or interesting. One of these videos is called “3 True SCARY Tinder Stories That You Can Learn From.” Does that sound like something you would be interested in? Or at least concerned by?
I’m not sure why Corpse Husband decided to start posting these videos. He does have an unusually deep voice which makes his stories sound even more intriguing.
Well, he’s been making videos for a few years now and the scary story stuff brought in some subscribers. But his big break came when he made a gaming video called “How I Admitted I Was An Imposter And STILL Won Against The BEST Among Us Players…666 IQ Plays.” That video has over 30 million views.
It seems like this is the perfect combination for him. Scary stories featuring people or situations his audience might relate to, plus fun gaming content.
This is working really well for our faceless narrator. So well, that he’s managed to do videos with people like Jimmy Fallon, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and a couple of actors from Stranger Things.
Ugh. Did I mention that he’s a rock star too now? He releases music on YouTube and has even been in a music video with Machine Gun Kelly.
Exactly why is it that this spooky guy can get millions of subscribers and tens of millions of views, while I’m left in obscurity? I’ve been racking my brain over this and came up with five strategies that he’s using.
Corpse Husband’s YouTube growth strategies:
- Have an intriguing or enticing personal quirk. Corpse Husband’s voice instantly catches your attention. Even if you weren’t that interested in his content, you might stick around just to see what’s up with him. And apparently, some girls find it really dreamy.
- Bring in the spook factor. People like to be scared and talking about hidden dangers in their daily life is a big draw.
- Get the audience involved. Corpse Husband takes video submission ideas from his audience. This keeps them interested, involved, and watching to see if he’ll talk about their submissions.
- Have some mystery. This guy still doesn’t show his face. And that’s becoming a big deal. He’s managed to hide it from celebrities and others.
- Collaborate with others. Corpse Husband has reached more viewers by collaborating with people like PewDiePie, Pokimane (a prominent YouTuber), Anthony Padilla, Jimmy Fallon, and AOC.
Corpse Husband: Income At-A-Glance
- Estimated daily income: $21 – $329
- Estimated monthly income: $616 – $9.9K
- Estimated yearly income: $7.4K – $118.3K
Wow, this guy is raking in some serious cash. And he doesn’t have to show his face. Maybe I should have hidden my silly rat face from the public. But I guess it’s too late for that.
So, maybe I should find ways to be even rattier and embrace who I am. Corpse Husband’s voice is unusually deep and mine is squeaky high. I think I’ll try presenting my topics in a nice falsetto.
What do you think? Would you spend time watching a singing rat on YouTube? Or maybe I could find an animal-friendly YouTuber to do a video with?
Let me know what you think!