Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of videos can I request?
We can edit any kind of video for you but we do have limitations:
– The finished video can’t be longer than 30 minutes
– We can’t do voiceovers.
– We can’t do animations.
– We can’t do subtitles ( unless you provide us titles )
What is the turnaround time?
Our turnaround time is 48 hours.
Do unlimited really means unlimited videos in a month?
only thing is as our editors need some time to edit your video so we do have 48hours time set for your each video request. When we edited your first video then we start editing your next video.
How To Upload Video To Us?
You need a premium Dropbox account.
Your shared Dropbox folder will have a few folders in it. One folder is called “Raw Footage.” Anytime you want to make a request simply create a NEW folder inside that folder. Title that new folder with the date. Then place your video files in there. If you have B-roll simply create a B-roll folder and so on and so on. Just be organized, that’s all.
How To Submit a Request?
After payment, we send you an email to login to our video request portal. There you just need to fill your profile that includes few questions about your brand.
Just follow three simple steps here.
1. Upload your videos to Dropbox.
2. Complete your profile on video request portal and create the first request for your video.
3. Your dedicated Editor will take that card from there and you will see it going from different phases of editing, Assign –> Editing —> Quality check—> Submission.
As soon as our editor is done with your video, you will get an email from our system.
How will we communicate to ensure the work gets done?
Once you make your purchase, we’ll send you an account invitation within 24 hours to our portal for requesting videos and collaboration.
Our portal is a simple project management tool that will enable you to:
– Submit video editing requests.
– Provide feedback on the card through comments to your editor.
– Final video link to download it from Dropbox.
One of the challenges that we’ve faced working with freelancers is that lack of process, so by using Wrike and a consistent workflow, we aim to make everything run as efficiently as possible so that you get make more videos!